- Case Studies
- The Buzz at Huzz
- Contact Us
Huzzard Data Systems has an immediate opening for a multi-talented Technology Support
Specialist interested in joining a growing technology integrator. Huzzard delivers impactful
process improvement solutions to organizations by integrating appropriate hardware and software
· Assist in identifying and creating hardware and software solutions with the end-user,
Huzzard Sales Engineer, and Huzzard App development team.
· Install and support hardware and software solutions – virtually and on-site.
· Manage service ticket process leading to successful closure of ticket.
· Document successful troubleshooting activities.
· Create and update User Manuals.
· Program barcode scanners.
· A passion for developing, delivering and supporting solutions.
· A never-ending desire to improve and offer value.
· Ability to contribute to a culture that fosters learning, growing and delivering elegant
· Ability to troubleshoot and solve issues with hardware and software in a pleasant and
· Knowledge of how to troubleshoot devices with Android OS or Windows OS.
· Experience working with popular databases including Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL
Server and Oracle.
· Knowledge of TCP/IP and 802.11/b/g/n wireless networking and Bluetooth connectivity.
· Knowledge of USB and RS-232 (Serial) connectivity.
· Ability to research, test and recommend appropriate hardware and/or software solutions.
· Excellent written and verbal communication.
· Knowledge of Barcode, NFC and RFID technologies.
· Experience with mobile computers, printers, and barcode scanners.
· Understanding of report design including HTML design tools and 3rd party tools like Crystal
· Associates Degree.
· Wisconsin Driver’s License.
This is a great position for a person with an interest in technology that is recently retired and
looking for part-time work, or, a student looking for additional income.
Light programming of hardware
○ Follow a process involving a utility program, downloads, scanning program codes and testing for functionality.
Prepare orders for shipping based on customer Purchase Orders
○ Communicate minimum inventory levels to Huzzard procurement person
○ Communicate with customers and vendors via e-mail and phone
○ Resolve daily issues with barcode scanners.
○ Open and Close Service tickets.
○ Repair returned RMAs and document what was done to make unit functional again.
• 1 – 2 years of work experience.
• Associates Degree or higher.
• Knowledge of desktop operating systems including Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
• Experience working with the MS Office suite & browser-based applications.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Interest in technology and engaging with people.
• 1 – 2 years of experience supporting desktops/laptops/printers.
• Working knowledge of PC Hardware configurations and troubleshooting.
• Basic understanding of USB and RS232 connectivity.
• 4-5 hours per day.
• Noon to 5 pm, or, other agreed upon time period.
• Monday through Friday.
Sell hardware and software technologies relating to process improvement. Specifically,
mobile computers, automated data collection devices, apps, barcode printers and media.
Also, sell professional services relating to the integration and support of hardware and
• 1-3 years of profitable selling
• Bachelor degree
• Research and identify potential customers for products or services.
• Engage with prospective buyers and end-users on-site, on the phone and virtually to
discuss specific customer needs, product specifications, pricing, availability, and
• Secure and renew orders and arrange delivery.
• Confer with customers and application developers to assess needs and to determine
• Collaborate with Huzzard partners and team members to understand customer
requirements, to promote the sale of company products, and to provide sales support.
• Plan and select proper product configuration(s) to meet customer needs.
• Prepare and deliver presentations that explain products or services to customers and
• Respond to requests for proposals for specific customer requirements and industryspecific solutions.
• Recommend improved processes documenting how such changes will lower costs and
improve operational efficiency.
• Arrange for demonstrations or trial installations of equipment.
• Provide technical and non-technical support and services to clients or Huzzard team
members regarding the use, operation, and maintenance of products.
• Create sales or service contracts for products or services.
• Help diagnose problems during pre-sale and post-sale installations.
• Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant
information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line
• Attend company training seminars / webinars to become familiar with product lines.
• Develop sales plans to introduce products in new markets.
• Identify new market sales opportunities and support them to achieve sales plans.
• Document account activities.
• Maintain sales forecasting reports.
• Attend trade shows and seminars to promote products or to learn about industry
• Sales and Marketing – Knowledge of principles and methods for showing,
promoting, and selling products and services. This includes marketing strategy and
tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and negotiation skills.
• Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for
providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs
assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer
• Resource Management – Recognize, and utilize, the tools needed to secure the
sale and support the customer in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
• Systems Analysis – Determine how a system should work and how changes in
conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
• Computers and Electronics – General knowledge of circuit boards, processors,
chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including
applications, programming, wireless networks, and connectivity.
• Judgment and Decision Making – Consider relative costs and benefits of
potential actions and select optimal action.
• Complex Problem Solving – Identify complex problems and review related
information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Time Management – Manage personal time and the time of others.
• Administration and Management – Knowledge of business and management
principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources
modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people
• Entrepreneurial mindset – Passion for having a business plan, executing it
successfully and sustaining the success. Desire to be a major contributor to a
culture that strives to help other organizations achieve perpetual improvement.